- AP supine right and left bending films.
- Take thoracic and lumbar bends on both sides.
- Pelvis should remain flat when patient is bent in to a letter "C"".
- The lumbar bending images should include the ASIS, the ribs and include the entire lumbar spine including T-12 (see below) centered @ L2.
- The thoracic bending images should include the the ribs and the entire thoracic spine (see below).
- Leave collimators open but shield appropriately.
- Place x-ray marker on the side the patient is bent towards.